//go.ad2upapp.com/afu.php?id=698829

Hey guys!!!

lets talk foundation today… yaaaaay!!! if you are conversant with make up then you already know that foundation is the base of your makeup. It is as the name implies, the foundation of your work. Foundation works best when you know the type of skin you have whether its dry, normal, combination , or oily skin it is a necessary step to selecting the right foundation.

In my case I am oily(very oily) so that makes the task of selecting foundations a bit tedious and annoying, but I finally caught a break when I started using these two foundations which are the laura mercier smooth finish flawless fluid in the shade pecan and the make up forever HD foundation in the shade N177. These two foundations have quickly become my holy grail foundations, my MAC studio fix and match master foundations quickly became my side chicks when I found these two and ill explain why.

The Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide is my favorite of the two. It is a 30 ml/ 1 fl. oz bottle, the foundation is very light weight and liquidy(lol) and you have to shake it before use. It has medium to full coverage and it is build-able, it doesn’t clog your pores and it doesn’t emphasize shine… it leaves the skin feeling smooth and polished and it looks exactly like my skin, and it lasts all day. This particular foundation has a wide range of shades for you to match so everyone can literally find they’re shade. the only negative thing i have to say about it is the packaging… I wish it will come with a pump, rather than come in a tube, but all in all, I love this foundation.

2015-05-01 16.31.54

The Make Up Forever HD(high definition) foundation is a good one. It comes in a 30 ml/ 1 fl. oz bottle, it is very light weight as well and you also have to shake it before use. It has medium coverage and you definitely have to build it up, but once you do, it leaves the skin looking FLAWLESS and amazing. Its a great foundation to use when taking pictures because it is HD. However, if you use the wrong primer with it, you’re experience will not be a good one. Despite that i still love this foundation because it doesn’t leave me feeling like i have so much product on my face and that is perfect for tropical climates and hot summer months.

2015-05-01 16.31.17

You can get these foundations at your local sephora, but if you’re like me and you live in Malaysia, then you know that our sephora only carries select brands. You can find Make Up Forever at Sephora, but for Laura Mercier you have to go to a kiosk outlet such as the one in Sunway Pyramid… it is right next to the Bobbi Brown kiosk infront of Sephora. I hope this helps you 🙂

Peace and Love

Byba

0 comment on BEAUTY: Foundations For Oily Skin (My Faves)

1. sheerargan
    May 1, 2015 at 10:24 am (3 years ago)

I use Hourglass Veil primer with the Hourglass Immaculate foundation and it controls oil really well. The foundation is pretty matte though, so Clinique Even Better Makeup might be another good option for you.

2. shes_so_nc
    May 1, 2015 at 11:37 am (3 years ago)

I’ll be trying the Make Up Forever HD for this summer. I’m always looking for new foundations, even tho I like the one I’m currently using…bare minerals BARESKIN pure brightening serum foundation. Part of being a product junkie I supposed 😉

• bybatee
      May 1, 2015 at 11:49 am (3 years ago)

Hahahaha, I’m a product hoarder as well… I Jst hide the receipts afterwards 😬😬. Is the bare minerals foundation luminous?

• shes_so_nc
        May 1, 2015 at 11:57 am (3 years ago)

I don’t even hide the receipts, I have no shame. Bare Minerals is kinda luminous, not totally tho…it’s more matte, definitely build able but I did notice once it ended up with kind of a dewy finish when I used it with a NYX primer. So maybe it depends on what primer you use. Either way I love it…it makes my skin look so smooth and it has perfect coverage.

• bybatee
          May 1, 2015 at 12:01 pm (3 years ago)

Lmaoo😄 i found someone worse than me😝. You had me at matte finish! Im excited to try this… My wish list is growing more and more each day #womanproblems

• shes_so_nc
            May 1, 2015 at 12:03 pm (3 years ago)

Girl, you have no idea! The people in Sephora, Ulta and Sally Beauty Supply know me by name lmao! Let me know how you like it! 😄

• bybatee
            May 1, 2015 at 12:06 pm (3 years ago)

😄 alryt I will

• shes_so_nc
            May 1, 2015 at 12:07 pm (3 years ago)

👍 😄

• sheerargan
      May 1, 2015 at 3:35 pm (3 years ago)

Can I have your email Id?

3. En_kay
    June 8, 2015 at 6:33 am (2 years ago)

I am a foundation whore…if that makes sense lol…it’s the one thing I know I can spend carelessly on when it comes to makeup especially because I have oily skin and I keep trying new products…I love the HD foundation but sadly the one I got wasn’t my exact shade so I had to give it to my sister.
    Keep up the good work

Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

• bybatee
      June 8, 2015 at 6:34 am (2 years ago)

Lol! I’m slowly becoming one too! That’s a bummer that u had to give it out, have u tried the nars all day luminous? I’m eager to try that one next!