Hi guys! sorry its been a long time since I posted a blog, but alot has been happening and I had to sort out what direction in which i wanted to take this blog. Alas! Im back and i have a new recipe for y’all,it was my turn to cook dinner that night, so I did my best. This is my healthy version of soul food :). I hope you like it.
YOU WILL NEED:
Sweet potatoes, Salmon or tilapia, olive oil, wochester sauce (optional), soy sauce, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, curry, maggi, onions, butter or margarine, silk almond milk, spinach, turkey bacon or turkey ham, green beans, tomatoes, chicken broth, alfredo mushroom sauce, mushrooms and sweet corn.
- First you will need Salmon(cut into cubes and fileted) or filleted Tilapia(cut and cubed)
- Put the cut up fish into a bowl and off to the side, grab another smaller bowl, pour in: 3 tablespoons of OLIVE OIL, 2 tablespoons of SOY SAUCE, chop up half an ONION, 1 tablespoon of WOLCHESTER SAUCE(optional), a pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon of BLACK PEPPER , 2 tablespoons of PEPPER (cayenne) and 1 tablespoon of CURRY.
- Pour the marinate into the bowl of fish and stir.
- When that’s done, set it in the refrigerator to marinate for 2-4 hours.
- Add some butter (1 teaspoon or less) into a frying pan and heat it up.
- Add the fish, in all its marinated glory, to the pan and let it fry… turning it over from time to time until cooked.
SWEET POTATO MASH:
- Peel and cut 8 sweet potatoes
- In a pot full of boiling water, pour in the sweet potatoes and add salt and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- When its soft, strain the water
- Add a cup of silk almond milk to the potatoes
- Add 1 teaspoon of butter (optional)
- Add some black pepper
- Using a potato masher, mash until soft
- Chop up some SPINACH, TURKEY BACON, CHERRY TOMATOES, ONIONS, GREEN BEANS, MUSHROOM AND SWEET CORN.
- Stir fry some onions in a skillet
- Add the spinach and bacon
- Add the green beans, sweet corn and mushrooms
- Add the tomatoes last
TIP: you can add the tomatoes and spinach last in other for them not to wilt and produce too much water.
- Chop up some mushrooms
- Grab a saucepan, and toss in the mushrooms for a stir fry.
- When that’s done, add 6 tablespoons of Mushroom Sauce to the saucepan.
- Add some chicken broth and stir gently.
- Add some black pepper and maggi for seasoning.
Viola! Dinner is served, Bon Appetite!